Mike writes:
Ken Kesey’s novel One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest certainly does not end in a Hollywood style ending. Several characters die including one of the main characters. On the other hand there are some good things that happen at the end such as Nurse Ratched losing her power and the narrator, Chief Bromden, escapes. The ending left me with mixed feelings because I was happy about how some parts of the plot played out and saddened by how some of the major characters died.
Overall, I enjoyed reading the novel. The plot is interesting and Kesey did a great job of how he wrote it. Kesey used many literary effects such as imagery that affected all of the senses. He also used devices such as metaphors, similes, alliteration and personification which all helped make the novel better for the reader. The author also incorporated many themes into the novel that affected my thoughts while reading. On a scale of one to ten with one being extremely bad and ten being amazing I would give the book an eight.
I recommend this book to someone who likes pleasure reading or is a good reader. Some areas were hard to follow due to the writing style so someone who is not a good reader would have to read the hard area multiple times. Also, the author’s purposeful use of slang words makes it even harder to understand. If someone does not read well I would only recommend this novel if they are looking for a challenge. This is certainly a book for experienced readers.
Monday, January 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment