Krystina writes:
Jane Austen was born on December 16, 1775 in Hampshire, England. She was the seventh child of eight, and her family was very knowledgeable and loving. Jane learned to read and learned how to speak many languages. She also loved to write. In 1802 she was expected to marry a wealth heir named Harris Bigg-Wither, but soon declined the engagement and never married. Jane Austen is famous for writing the novels, Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Emma, Northanger Abbey, and Persuasion. Most of her novels are American classics that are still hugely popular today. Jane eventually started to die from what is now known as Addison’s disease, and finally lost her life on July 18, 1817. Jane Austen is greatly remembered for her treasured stories of romance and kind women who usually reflected herself.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jane Austen sounds like an author for women. I was supposed to read a book by her but decided to switch.
ReplyDeleteYou mentioned that Jane Austen spoke many different languages, do you know if she wrote any novels in different languages?
ReplyDelete-Tory B
I have never read one of her books, but from what I hear she is brilliant. Have you seen any of the movie versions?
ReplyDeleteWhich novel are you reading by Jane Austen? What is your novel about? Jane Austen sounds like an author of romance novels. Is that true? If so, I am also considering reading one of her novels.
ReplyDelete-Varteni :)