Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dracula

Matt Writes:

For my independent reading book I am reading Dracula by Bram Stoker and I am really enjoying it.  I am halfway through the book and it is getting better by the second.  The book leaves Jonathan for a while and goes to two women Lucy Westerna and Mina Murray.  Mina is Jonathan’s fiancée and Lucy is her best friends.  Through the letters the women are talking about the men in their life and how great they are.  Mina is talking about Jonathan whereas Lucy is talking about her fiancé Arthur Holmwood.  Also a friend of Lucy’s john steward.  John works at a mental hospital and his entries talk about the strange things that have happened at his hospital.  His deranged patients are driving his crazy.  One of his patients is Renfeild.  This man is known for being odd and has a peculiar amount of different pets.  Which we later find out he eats.  Meanwhile a horrible storm is happening.  A ship wrecks on the shore and before the wreck the captain writes in his journal the crew was acting a little strange and then the boats crashes and a dog jumps off of the side of the boat and that was the last seen of it…which was weird because know one brought a dog onto the boat in the first place.  That’s how far I’ve gotten and I plan on finishing it very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment