Matt J writes:
For independent reading I chose to read the novel Dracula, by Bram Stoker. I’m not too far in the story yet but it is starting to get interesting. This book starts off with the main character Jonathan Harker narrating the novel. Writing in his rather interesting journal. He is on his way to Transylvania where he is planning on meeting the count, Dracula. As Harker tells the locals where he plans on going they were speechless. They started making weird actions regarding signs to call off an evil eye. Harker thinks nothing of it and gets on his carriage. The ride was horrifying for the man. This ride consisted of howling wolves, a mysterious carriage driver, and scary blue fires throughout the night. He finally arrives to the counts’ castle where he meets the bone chilling count. Canine fangs, red lips, and pale-white skin. Harker thinks nothing of it and thinks of the count as a nice friendly man. As time goes on Jonathan becomes suspicious. He never sees the count out during the day. So Harker too starts living in a nocturnal lifestyle just so he can talk to this strange man.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am also reading Dracula, and so far I think it's a pretty good book.
ReplyDelete