Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

George writes:
I am reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain. When I first began reading this book, I didn’t understand anything that was going on. The book had started with Tom Sawyer starting a club. The club of bandits, they all swore under oath. If any of them disobeyed the rules of the club or betrayed the club, they would kill one of their family members. When I first read that, I was in shock that the club is that serious. I would soon learn that this club is far from serious. They pretend to rob people and pretend to kill people. That would have been something, kids killing people. Later in the book Huck Finn is in the woods with his father. He calls him pap. He lived in a small cabin. He would leave Huckleberry in the cabin all day and he would leave and return to the cabin drunk. Pap was a drunk.
 
            Huck escapes from the cabin and kills a pig leaves the blood on the floor to stage his own death, as if a robber had broke in and killed him. Huck waited till the moon rose so he may start rowing to Jackson’s island and leave. He woke up and began to row not to be seen down to Jackson’s island. The next day Huck notices a boat carrying Pap and a lot of other people that know Huck they where all searching for Huck’s corpse. He was happy that they were trying to find his corpse. But he felt terrible about the people that actually cared about him, such as Widow Douglas.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment