Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The House of Spirits by Isabel Allende

Araz writes:
The novel that I read as my third quarter classic was The House of Spirits by Isabel Allende. This novel was well composed and written. It gives you a good glimpse of what political life was back in the day and shows how political leader’s family members lived. This novel is based off of a letter that was written to Isabel Allende’s grandfather who was on his death bed. The beginning of the novel was pretty boring but by chapter six the story got really good and I was unable to put down the novel. I would rate this novel an 8 out of 10 because it had an easy plot to follow. The only problem was that they never notified the reader when the points of view were changing. This novel is considered a journal that Clara and Alba wrote in. This journal enabled them to write down all their thoughts and ideas. I would definitely recommend this novel to a friend because I know they would enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment