Monday, April 13, 2009

Ethan Frome

Kristina writes:

Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton was a short novel filled with a lot of description and
passion. It is a story that I will remember, because I have never read a story like it
before. The amount of description that Wharton gives lets the reader get into the mind
of the characters. You can understand how much Ethan and Mattie (two of the main
characters) love each other, because of the description of the emotions that are
running through their heads.
I would rate this book a 7 out of 10, because as much as I love reading love
stories, in my opinion I do not like the plot very much. I thought it was also very
predictable. I would recommend this novel to a friend, because just because I didn't
enjoy it I know someone else will probably enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment