Dylan writes:
I have finished my independent required reading book, The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde. In the end of the novel, many strange things happen in this world that Oscar has made. The day after Dorian killed Basil, he brought in a former friend and now enemy, to clean up the mess. After refusing many times, Dorian blackmailed him to clean up the mess. Becoming very dark and putrid, Dorian decides to go back to an opium pit to forget the ordeal. While there, he was confronted by his ex-fiancé’s brother, a sailor who was trying to hunt him down. He managed to get out of it by showing his face and how young it looked; apparently it was 15 years ago when it happened.
I recommend this book to anyone who likes fantasy, except those of the faint of heart. Although dark and dismal, it is a good book. Out of a 10 I give it a 7.5. The beginning is a bit dull and there is a really random part in the middle about different items of beauty collected by Dorian, but other than that, I feel that Oscar did a very good job in the creation of this piece of literature.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment