Pat writes:
So far, in Brave New World, we have learned about the birthing process, social castes, and other aspects of the plot. At this point, many different events have occurred. The single event in my mind, most crucial to the plot, is Bernard and Lenina’s trip to the reservation. When Bernard requests approval of the trip from the director, he allows Bernard to continue with his planning, but warns him for his heretical behavior he may be exiled to Iceland. Although, at this point, Bernard does not care much and he is proud that he is an individual. Later, Bernard finds out that the director plans on following through with the threat of exiling. When at the reservation, Bernard gets a lucky break that may save him from exilation. Beyond that, I can’t say much without giving away the ending. In the end, I didn’t totally enjoy the book. I personally am more into books that relate to scenes with a lot of action, which this did not provide much of. Because of that, if you are looking for a book with lots of action around every corner, I wouldn’t recommend this to you.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment