Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

George writes:
I have finished my book, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain. Let me say a lot has happened since my last entry. The last time I wrote about the events that occurred in my novel, I wasn’t very far into the book. Fortunately I caught up on my reading and completed the novel. Where I left off last, Huck is on Jackson Island. On the island he meets a slave named Jim. They already knew each other; they both lived in the same house with Widow Douglas. Together they built a camp. Huck and Jim decided to go down to town and see what the word on the street is about their disappearances. Huck dresses as a female, he find out from a woman that they think the slave Jim killed Huck. Huck also finds out that there is a reward for whoever finds Jim and there are a couple men coming down to Jackson Island to look for him. Huck immediately goes back to the island to warn Jim. After he tells Jim they both pack up and head down river away from the men coming for them. They kept going and saw a lot of things on their journey away from everything they ever knew. Their raft was broken and they where going by a shore where they heard to robbers threatening a victim. They noticed the robbers had a boat they were loading stolen stuff in it. When the robbers went to get more stuff, Huck and Jim jump into the boat and leave. But they go and get help for the robbers because they feel that in away they are just like them. if I have drawn you in by telling you just a couple of the many adventures of Huck and Jim in this wonderful novel. Then I suggest you get a copy of this novel. I enjoyed this book a lot and I would love to see the movie to see the differences. Just like our class did with To Kill a Mockingbird and The Grapes of Wrath.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment