Sam
Do you like stories of darkness and suspense? Stories with monsters that keep you awake a night, as you nervously watch for what may lurk in the shadows. If this sounds like your type of story, then perhaps you might like Dracula by Bram Stoker. I personally thought that Dracula was a pretty good novel overall, and wasn’t as predictable as I thought it would be. There were a lot more twists and turns in the plot then I originally expected, which helped the story flow and remain interesting to read. However I was pretty disappointed at the not very scary horror scenes in the novel. Sadly there weren’t really any edge of your seat scares, or heat stopping moments in the novel. Also if you are familiar with the story of Dracula or have seen any of the movie versions, it becomes very predictable fast and looses all of its scary qualities. I would recommend the book to any one over the age of 10 (Boy or Girl) who likes mild to medium horror stories. In terms of a rating I would give Dracula (4) out of (5). Overall, I thought it was a good book that was somewhat scary, and not overly predictable.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment