Erica writes:
The classic I am reading is A Room with a View by E.M Forster. Edward Morgan Forster was born in England in 1879. Unfortunately his father died around the time that he was born so he had to be raised by his mother, who was irresponsible. When Forster got older he eventually went to King’s College in Cambridge. Shortly after he graduated from King’s college he became a writer. He began by writing mostly about “changing social conditions after the decline of the Victorianism”. His writing did begin to differ later on. Some novels he wrote are “Where Angels Fear to Tread (1905) and The Longest Journey (1907), followed by the comic novel A Room With a View (1908)”. Forster later died in 1970.
I have started reading the novel A Room with a View. It begins with a British woman named Lucy staying in Florence with Miss. Charlotte Bartlett. They were supposed to have the front room of where they were staying but they did not and instead got a room without a view, until Mr. Emerson traded rooms with them because he is a kind man. The novel then gets into how Lucy witnesses a murder. Seeing this occur she suddenly faints in George Emerson’s arms. Overall even though I am not to far into the novel it is still pretty good and look forward to reading more.
http://www.gradesaver.com/author/e-forster/
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Erica,
ReplyDeleteHow do you like the novel so far?
Ms. M.
This novel sounds very interesting. I might read this over the summer if I get a chance.
ReplyDelete-Golshan